A Message from Jon Ziglar, CEO of ParkMobile
By now you’ve probably heard the exciting news that BMW Group is now the sole investor in ParkMobile. You can read more about it in TechCrunch. I just want to share my thoughts on what this means for the future of Parkmobile.
In 2017, ParkMobile had an extraordinary year and has established clear leadership position in the parking and automotive mobility market. Here are just a few of our accomplishments from the past twelve months:
- Record year-over-year revenue growth
- Processed over 50 million parking transactions in North America, a 50% year-over-year increase
- Surpassed 8 million registered users
- Added 216,000 new parking spots, bringing the total inventory to over 1 million
- Launched parking reservations into the Parkmobile app, delivering the industry’s first solution to enable both on/off street parking and garage reservations into a single user experience
- Expanded the Parkmobile network into over 75 new cities including New York, Philadelphia and Phoenix
- Partnered with BMW to deliver the industry’s first fully-integrated in-car mobile parking solution
- Received the Deloitte Fast 500 award recognizing the Fastest Growing Technology Companies in North America
What’s even more impressive is that we have done all of this without raising the capital or burning through funds like many of our competitors. I believe this has actually been a key driver of our focus and success as a business.
With that said, there is much more opportunity ahead of us. To continue to move at the speed required to compete in this dynamic and competitive marketplace, we need a partner who can help us with the strategic guidance and resources that will set ParkMobile up for future success. And we couldn’t ask for a better partner than BMW Group.
BMW has always been on the cutting edge of mobility and a leader among automotive players, investing in disruptive technologies in the space that are shaping the future of global mobility. We are excited to now be teamed up with such an innovative and influential player on a global scale. By becoming our sole investor, BMW is providing us with the funding and the resources to accelerate our business into the future. It also gives us tremendous access to a broader ecosystem of mobility enablers, including tolling, charging, and car sharing technologies, that we can integrate into our solutions to deliver end-to-end frictionless mobility.
What does this mean to you? Well, in the short-term, we’ll continue to provide you with smarter parking solutions in over 3000 locations across North America. Moving into the future, with the support of BMW, Parkmobile will be able to release exciting new innovations that will take automotive related mobility to the next level. As more cities across the country become “smart cities,” we will provide the technology to make this vision a reality.
This is an extremely exciting time for our employees, our users, and our clients. I want to sincerely thank you for being part of the Parkmobile community — 8 million strong and growing every day. We will keep working hard to give you a smarter way to park.