One of the most iconic baseball stadiums in the world, Wrigley Field is located at 1060 W. Addison St. in Chicago, Illinois.
Where is Wrigley Field?
Wrigley Field is located at 1060 W. Addison St. in Chicago, Illinois. With its distinctive design, you might be able to recognize it all on your own, but if you’re looking for more specific directions, we’ve got you covered.
What part of Chicago is Wrigley Field located?
Wrigley Field is located in the neighborhood of Lakeview on the North side of Chicago, but the area immediately surrounding the park is known as Wrigleyville.
Wrigley Field offers free remote parking at 3900 N. Rockwell St., just east of the Chicago River, as well as free shuttle service to the field. There are also several cash lots and lots for season parking holders, including:
- Toyota Camry Lot, formerly known as the Green Lot. Located at 1126 W. Grace Street, Chicago, IL 60613.
- Toyota RAV4 Lot, formerly known as the Brown Lot. Located at 1140 W. Eddy Street, Chicago, IL 60613.
- Irving Park Lot. Located at 1052 Irving Park Road, Chicago, IL 60613.
There’s also a well-established peer-to-peer parking market, and limited street parking, if you’re willing to show up early. In general, parking at Wrigley Field will cost you between $10 to $50.
Driving to Wrigley Field
Wrigley Field, located on the north side of Chicago at 1060 W. Addison St. Chicago, IL 60613, is right in the center of the Lakeview neighborhood. Since it’s easy to reach by car, we’ve rounded up a few of the most common routes:
- Chicago, Loop. If you’re approaching from the Loop, take Lake Shore Drive north to Irving Park Road and then head west to Clark. Turn left, and Wrigley field will be on your left.
- Chicago, North side. If you’re approaching from the North side, take Lake Shore Drive to Irving Park Road and then head west to Clark. Take a left (south) and Wrigley Field will be right ahead on your left.
- Chicago, Northwest side. If you’re coming from the Northwest side, take 90 East to the Addison Street exit. Then turn left on Addison and proceed three miles to Wrigley Field.
For more extensive directions, you can visit the MLB’s official website.
Public Transportation to Wrigley Field
You’ll have several options for public transportation to Wrigley Field, including trains and buses. Depending on where you’re coming from, you can take the following trains:
- Red Line. The CTA Red Line train will take you directly to Wrigley Field via the station at Addison. Every rail line will transfer to the Red Line, as will many east-west buses, including CTA Bus #152 and CTA Bus #22.
- Yellow Line. On game nights, Yellow Line trains offer extended evening service from Howard. The Yellow Line station is conveniently located just three blocks east of the Edens Expressway.
- Purple Line Express. Before weeknight games, Purple Line Express trains make an additional stop at Sheridan station, offering game goers another way to get to the field.
A number of bus routes are also reliable ways to get to the game:
- #8 Halsted buses run north on Halsted from 79th Street to Broadway/Waveland.
- #22 Clark buses run north through the Loop on Dearborn, as well as south on Clark from Howard.
- #152 Addison buses run on Addison from Cumberland on the west to Lake Shore Drive on the east.
Accessibility at Wrigley Field
Within the park, you’ll find accessible seating located throughout the area, near to elevators and lifts, as well as accessible parking and shuttles to the field.
What was Wrigley Field originally called?
Wrigely Field was originally called Weeghman Park. However, in 1920 the field was purchased by William Wrigley, Jr. and renamed Cubs Park. Another six years would pass before it got its current name, Wrigley Field.
What city do the Chicago Cubs play in?
The Chicago Cubs play their home games in Chicago, Illinois, where Wrigley Field is located.
Is the area around Wrigley Field safe?
The area around Wrigley Field, known affectionately as Wrigleyville, is located on the North Side and is generally safe. Filled with bars and nightclubs that are open late, it’s usually pretty crowded.