Located in uptown Charlotte, Bank of America Stadium is the home of the NFL’s Carolina Panthers and the MLS’s Charlotte FC (starting in 2022). The stadium opened in 1996 and has more than 73,000 seats. It’s renowned for its unusual design, featuring massive archways and domed towers, as well as building materials that accentuate the Panthers team colors (black, blue, and silver). It’s a great venue for enjoying football on a crisp fall Carolina day. To celebrate victories, Panthers fans sing “Sweet Caroline” when the 4th quarter ends.
Although the stadium is located in an urban setting, don’t worry about finding a nearby parking spot on game day because ParkMobile has you covered with Bank of America Stadium parking reservations to ensure that you don’t miss any of the action.
Directions to Bank of America Stadium
Bank of America Stadium is located just off I-277 in uptown Charlotte. To get to the stadium, follow these directions, depending on where you’re coming from:
- I-85 from the south: Look for signs to exit at either Billy Graham Parkway, Freedom Drive, Brookshire Freeway (I-277 East), or I-77 South.
- I-85 from the north: Look for signs to exit at either Sugar Creek Road, Graham Street, Statesville Avenue, or I-77 South.
- I-77 from the south: Look for signs to exit at either John Belk Freeway (I-277) or Trade Street.
- I-77 from the north: Look for signs to exit at either Brookshire Freeway (I-277 East), Fifth Street, Trade Street, Morehead Street, or John Belk Freeway (I-277).
- Wilkinson Boulevard (U.S. 74) from the west (CLT airport): Follow signs for John Belk Freeway (I-277) and exit at either Carson Boulevard, College Street, South Boulevard, or Brevard Street.
Bank of America Parking Lots & Options
Parking at Bank of America Stadium is fairly easy. More than 30,000 spaces are located within a 15-minute walk from the stadium.
The closest lots include:
- Lot #212G, 212 S. Graham St.
- Preferred Parking Lot, 705 E. Trade St.
- West Parking, 604 W. 4th St.
- Lot 539, 519 W. Trade St.
- Preferred Parking Lot, 309 W. Trade St.
The closest garages and parking decks include:
- Panthers Parking Deck, 423 W. Martin Luther King Jr Blvd
- Mint Street Parking Deck, 410 S. Mint St.
- Mint Street Garage, 415 S. Mint St.
- SP+ Parking, 526 S. Church St.
- LAX Parking 206 S. Church St.
Alternative Parking Near Bank of America Stadium
If you’re willing to walk a bit farther, there are other lots in uptown Charlotte that may cost less.
A few lots to consider are located at:
- 300 S. Davidson
- 210 S. Brevard St.
- 407 E. Trade St.
- 400 E. 4th St.
The Lynx Blue Line offers light-rail service between uptown Charlotte and I-485 at South Boulevard. Stops at the Carson, Stonewall, and Convention Center stops are within a few blocks of the stadium. Free parking is available at several park-and-ride lots along the line.
Tailgating at Bank of America Stadium
Many of the parking lots nearby allow tailgating, but garage operators usually don’t allow tailgating. The lots that allow tailgating provide bins so you can dispose of your hot coals safely.
Bank of America Stadium Parking FAQs
How much does it cost to go to a Panthers game?
Tickets retail for about $60 and up, depending on where the seat is located. Prices for resale tickets vary.
Where can I tailgate at a Carolina Panthers game?
Cedar Yards Lot 1 (604 S Cedar St.), Cedar Yards Lot 2 (607 McNinch St.), and Cedar Yards Lot 3 (600 McNinch St.) are among the lots where you can tailgate at a Panthers game.
Reserve Your Spot with ParkMobile
For a stress-free experience that lets you focus on your pre-game rituals and enjoy the Panthers game, consider reserving your Bank of America Stadium parking ahead of time by using the ParkMobile App. It’s the smartest way to snag a great deal and eliminate the headache of searching for a parking spot on game day.